Expecting our first grandbaby

Katie & Matt found out they were expecting in early fall. Uncle Steven was there for the big news and Katie called me to let me know, but we all wanted to play it safe so no one else was told until Katie made it safely thru week 12 and then she sent a text message to her dad of the sonogram. Of course he was in the middle of watching a game so he glanced at it, couldn't figure it out and dismissed it as a bad transmission. Katie called me 10 minutes later and wanted to know why her dad hadn't called her. I told her he was watching a game, but a commercial was on, so I handed the phone to her dad. He was dumbfounded at first, then his face turned to pure excitement as he gasped and yelled at me "Katie's pregnant", "yes, I know" I said with a sheepish grin and giggle. "How long have you known?" "I long time. I've been waiting for this phone call for months!"


Katie & Matt decided to do it the old fashion way and wait on finding out the gender of the baby. So, the baby was simply called Glart for 9 months. That's a combination of Glowicki + Hart=Glart.
Teresa, Diana, and I flew up to Seattle in March for the baby shower. Katie got all kinds of things she would need for the new arrival, except gender specific clothing. The shower was hosted by her Seattle family, The McKinnons, Susie (mom) and Roxanne (pictured above).


Comments

Popular Posts